DBT STAR COLLEGE SCHEME
Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India
Beneficiary Departments: – Chemistry, Physics, Botany and Zoology
DBT- STAR COLLEGE SCHEME is an Undergraduate student’s support scheme initiated by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India, New Delhi. K.S.M.D.B.College has been selected under the scheme in 2020. Four Science Departments viz. Chemistry, Physics, Botany&Zoology have participated in this programme.
- To strengthen the academic and physical infrastructure for achieving excellence in teaching and training.
- To enhance the quality of the learning and teaching process to stimulate original thinking through ‘hands–on’ exposure to experimental work.
- To promote networking and strengthen ties with neighboring institutions and other laboratories
- To conduct specialized training programmes for faculty improvement
- To increase capabilities of core instrumentation resources by procuring new equipment and upgrading existing facilities
- To provide access and exposure to students to research laboratories and industries in the country.
- To provide a better library facility to students and teachers.
Nature of Financial Assistance:
- One time non-recurring grant of Rs. 10.00 lakhs per science department,
- Recurring grant of Rs.3 lakhs per science department.
- 1.00 lakh, Rs. 2.00 lakhs and Rs. 3.00 lakhs subject to their departments for mentoring and monitoring per college
- 1.00 lakh per year under the contingency head will be provided.
- The scheme encourages the purchase of multiple copies grant of Rs. 3.00 lakhs per science department per year for a period of three years of routine equipment required for science practicals in UG courses.
Co-ordinator:- Dr. S. Deepa, Associate Professor, P G Dept of Chemistry &Polymer Chemistry
Department Level Co-ordinators:- Dr. Preetha G. Prasad (Dept. of Chemistry& Polymer Chemistry), Dr. Remya G.R (Dept. of Physics), Ms. Dhanya S.R ( Dept. of Botany) and Dr. Manju. M (Dept. of Zoology).